Hello.

3/24/2016 09:56:00 AM





If we got a chance,
Can we start everything all over
and again for the first time saying
Hello.
...
?




And now if only it applies in the real life timeline -- past actions, relationship, school major choices, and stuffs.

I started to write a blog on my second semester in college freshman year (majoring in English literature). Writing has simply always been an account for me to run and put all my feelings, no matter the case. My intention when I first started the blog was no other than to release all those guilty(-pleasure) feelings for spending quite too much on shopping. And that time, it was the only way I know to level-up all of the deeds from shopping.

Three years has passed since then and lot of things has happened all along. Little did I know, writing a style blog has showed me more than just the style itself, but also a whole big picture of fashion world and its revolution. I started to getting it real, got invited and access to every show on Jakarta Fashion Week, gained an award from one of the biggest department store in Indonesia, co-hosted a clothing line event, and landed an internship in a teenage magazine -- which I believe in their quality.

It was on my college sophomore year, that's when I realized some things. I knew that working on media and expressing my opinion to the public has always been one of my long-listed dream jobs and I enjoy it... but I started to ask myself, is it really my passion -- the biggest one?

Then I looked back at my blog, and started to think that it's creepy. I still got affiliation and commissioned writing for the blog, but I didn't think that I did it right anymore. In college, I have been taught to construct a well written essay, article, and even the scientific one. On my job as a fashion writer intern, I was pushed and learned and was taught how to put all the best and the most creative in me to create the most qualified content. To me, all of those past work on the blog is nothing more than a mindless un-constructed chatty ramble and my styling of the outfit was just blah and blah and blah – in short, I didn’t think that I have taken it seriously to the limits. So decided to take a break on it – rebuild and define and examining the blog, and pursue my other passion that all the time I always thinking of. Within another four semesters I will be facing those grown-up reality: real job – and I want to figure it right what truly makes me content.

On the junior year, a little light and progress came to this passion I always thinking of. I really enjoy it like no other, and started to ditch my plan to renew the blog. But on the mean time, whenever I was on day-offs and wanting to shop... I feel that something is missing. I don’t have any tough reason to be worry all the time about my outfits (which is quite funny to figure out that I would love to spent as little as five percents of my brain energy to think about it), and all of those shopping spree are completely useless – I can’t make any good cause or effect out of it. Writing the article about it would complete my every day to the fullest. So I started to take out the old plan map to the new construction, and spare some effort on it on my free-time.



And here is it...

Not forgetting the roots and the past – Naïve Live, a life/style journal. In hope it will be inspiring and reflection in style/fashion and beauty, the music, and travel and culinary leisure -- things that make life complete to the fullest! Because after all, life is good and as naïve as a kid when we decided to live it our way. And keeping it in a journal is one of many ways to celebrate it.



So...

HELLO, everybody. It’s nice to see you and can’t wait to share all of the stories with you!   





Love, S.



Follow us on bloglovin | lookbook | instagram | facebook | twitter

You Might Also Like

44 comments

  1. Sooo gorgeous and love you in these sultry photos.

    xx
    atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice... gorg shot!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    Instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautifully written!
    The photos are stunning. x Alona

    gentleconfusion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so helpful to refocus on your mission. I'm a firm believer that the content only gets better that way. xo, Pam

    http://thegirlfrompanama.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your whole black look! gorgeous!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these photos! :) The ambiance is really special and you are so pretty! :) x
    Helena
    http://www.ilenczfalva.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/helena_de_ilenczfalva/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting revolutions and your perspective as you've evolved and grown in the world of fashion, as a writer, and combining the two.


    Amber
    All the Cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm in love with this post !


    xoxo,
    http://sleepyhead-myblog.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are gorgeous! amazing pictures.
    www.vanedresscode.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look absolutely gorgeous, love these pics!

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tamara! I will sure come and visit your blog <3 xx

      Delete
  11. I think it's a great idea to broaden your blog to lifestyle and it sounds like you have achieved so much already!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know I have so that's why... Thanks for coming, and for following me back on bloglovin. Much love! x

      Delete
  12. Love the post !

    http:/alexamjohnson.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such pretty sultry photos.
    I love the fact that you are planning your way this time.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so cute!!
    Kisses dear!
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: MY NIGHT ROUTINE/ MI RUTINA DE NOCHE

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely shots!
    xx
    Mademoiselle Coconath
    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aww...thank you so much, Alyssa.. you too <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. you look pretty
    would you like to follow each other?
    I'll follow back after it

    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning photos! Nice post!
    Silvy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Photos are absolutely spectacular! So gorgeous!
    You have such a lovely blog!

    Diana Cloudlet
    www.dianacloudlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved this amazing and wonderful structured post!

    Erik from http://fourtvne.blogspot.de/search/label/Erik

    ReplyDelete
  21. We deal with Cheap Movers in Dubai, Handyman Services in Dubai, House Movers in Dubai, Cheap Packers in Dubai, Office Shifting in Dubai, MS Movers in Dubai, Office Movers in Dubai. We provide quick services.
    http://msmoversdubai.com/
    Cheap Movers in Dubai
    Movers in Dubai
    Cheap Packers in Dubai
    Handyman Services in Dubai
    House Movers in Dubai
    Office Movers in Dubai
    Office Shifting in Dubai
    MS Movers in Dubai
    Best Movers in Dubai

    ReplyDelete

Hi, there! Thank you so much for the feedback and appreciation, it means a lot to me.
Enjoy your day!

Like us on Facebook

IFB

Flickr Images

INSTAGRAM @ELSHAKRIST

Subscribe